Pregnant this summer?
You don't have to miss out on sipping a refreshing cocktail out in the sun this BBQ season. To get our mamas prepped for patio season, we've collected some delicious 'mocktail' recipes to keep you cool all summer long!
Citrus Coconut Soda
- Coconut soda
- Variety of citrus fruits
- Add juices of a mixed variety of grapefruit, orange, lemon and lime into a pitcher.
- Pour in ice and coconut soda and serve!
Passion Fruit Tea with Fresh Strawberries, Lemon & Mint
- 8 cups water, divided
- 1 Tazo Iced Passion tea bag
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 2 lemons, sliced
- ¼ cup loosely packed mint leaves
- Bring four cups of fresh water to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add the tea bag and let steep for 7 minutes.
- Remove tea bag, add sugar and stir well.
- Pour into a large pitcher, add 4 cups of cold water, cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours until cool.
- Add fruit and mint leaves.
- Serve over ice and garnish with additional mint if desired.
Sparkling Ginger Lemonade
- ¼c ginger, peeled
- ½c sugar
- 4c sparkling water
- ¾c lemon juice
- In a small pot, bring to a boil the ginger, sugar, and 1c sparkling water.
- Stirring occasionally, cook until sugar dissolves completely - about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in the lemon juice and remaining 3c sparkling water.
- Stir well and serve over ice.
Lilac Lemon Fizz
- 1/4 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Lilac Syrup (Instructions below)
- 1/2 tbsp Fresh Orange Juice
- Dash of Bitters
- Top off with Sparkling Mineral Water
- *Garnished with lemon and frozen lilac ice cubes
- To make the Lilac Syrup: Combine 1 cup water, 1 cup sugar, and 1/2 cup lilac flowers (no stem or greens) in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and let it simmer for a couple minutes. Strain out lilacs and let mixture cool before using.
- Combine all ingredients and pour over ice.
Blackberry Vanilla Mocktail
Makes 1 serving
- 1/3 cup fresh blackberries
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Club Soda or Sparking Water
- In the bottom of a glass or cocktail shaker, use the back of a spoon or a muddler to muddle the blackberries with the lemon juice, vanilla, honey, and a splash of the club soda.
- Pour the mixture through a fine mesh strainer and then again through a coffee filter to get the liquid nice and clean.
- After straining the liquid, transfer it to a cocktail glass filled with ice and fill the remainder of the glass with club soda or sparkling water.
- Garnish with some fresh blackberries and mint leaves.
Found on lafujimama.com
Sparkling Cucumber Limeade
4 - 6 Servings
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1 medium English cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cups sparkling water, chilled
- Combine the sugar, lime zest and water in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly, until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and stir in the mint leaves. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Strain the lime syrup through a fine mesh sieve. Combine the syrup with the lime juice and cucumber. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. When ready to serve, add in the sparkling water. Serve over ice.
Found on tasteandtellblog.com