"IT HAS ALL BEEN WORTH IT, YOU HAVE A BEAUTIFUL BABY… BUT YOU DID HAVE SURGERY."
Despite birth plans, cesarians are a fact of life. Even if you are prepared for your cesarian, you may not understand what to expect in your recovery. Do your best to gather as much information as you can from your hospital about the medical do's and don't post op like how to care for your incision, activities you should avoid and weight limits on lifting anything over 10 pounds. But most importantly, nurture yourself. Allow yourself the time to heal and bond with your baby and do your best to...
1) Get as much rest as possible.
This one may sound hard given the fact that you have a newborn, and possibly other children to take care of in addition to yourself. But give in to the fact that you just had major surgery. Try as much as possible to nap when the baby naps, and ask friends and family to help out with some chores or hold the baby so you can get some extra rest.
2) Baby YOUR Body
Now is the time to also practice self care, not only physically but mentally too. Treat yourself as you do your baby, be gentle and listen to what you need in the moment. If you feel exhausted, sad or frustrated, don't push it aside, make it a point to talk to someone you love about it. Relax, and take your time getting back into a routine, right now the most important thing is recovering and bonding with baby.
3) Drink plenty of water
Not only is this important if you are breastfeeding, but staying well hydrated can also help you to avoid constipation. Keep your body regular by eating as healthy as possible and going on low impact walks. Some fresh air is always good for the soul too.
Our Top Products for Cesarian recovery
Designed by a C-Section Mom and MD team, C-Panty is a complete solution c-section recovery underwear you’ll wear through every stage of the healing process. C-Panty speeds recovery and slims the post-baby tummy after having a c-section.
- Offers compression, c-scar care and slimming all in one comfortable panty
- Compression reduces swelling plus supports tissue that has been weakened from surgery
- Helps decrease excess fluids and shrink uterus
- Patented, medical grade silicone panel over incision area to speed healing and dramatically reduce c-scar’s appearance
- Silicone is the only FDA recognized material to reduce scarring
- Helps reduce itching and protects incision
- Flattens and smooth’s c-section incision bulge
This support belt was designed to lift, compress and heal with soft cotton straps to support your back and tummy, target your incision line with silicon to reduce scarring and ease and support lower back pain.
- Reduce Post Partum Stress & Pain
- Limit Abdominal Adhesions
- Shrink Hips and reduce Scar
- Lessen Stretch Marks while Pregnant
- Move in Comfort and Ease
- Support to lift baby
- Gain Quality Time with Baby & Family
The Original Baby Buddy Nursing Pillow was designed with a lactation consultant's help. It lifts the baby to reduce strain on mom's back, neck, shoulders and arms and allow for proper latch-on. It's a great product for cesarian recovery because it allows you to keep the baby supported so you aren't lifting or straining, as well as keeping the baby off the incision. Also - many moms use this to brace their stomachs to laugh, cough or sneeze!
You got this mama! xx